Tracking pollution from transportation
Transportation caused 26% of B.C.’s total climate pollution in 2020.
Breaking down pollution from transportation
We measure climate pollution caused by operating:
- Passenger vehicles like cars, trucks, ATVs and motorcycles
- Trains and heavy-duty trucks that move goods
- Off-road vehicles like those used by farms and mines
- Airplanes and helicopters (within B.C.)
- Public transit, like buses and ferries
- Commercial and recreational boats
Reducing pollution from transportation
Reducing climate pollution from transportation has many benefits. It will lead to cleaner air, less congestion, better health, more clean jobs and a stronger economy.
Our goal is to reduce climate pollution from transportation by 27-32% by 2030.
Getting roads ready for climate change
We’re strengthening highways and resource roads so they won’t be washed out by future floods.