Helping you conserve energy and making your home healthier and more comfortable
We live, work and play in buildings. How they are built has a direct impact on our health and well-being. That’s why we’re going to make buildings work better for people all over B.C.
New CleanBC programs and rebates will help turn buildings all over the province into lower polluting, warmer, more comfortable and healthier spaces. CleanBC will help us move forward to a future where buildings produce no polluting emissions at all.
- Make every building more efficient by improving the BC Building Code and increasing efficiency standards – until every new building is “net-zero energy ready” by the year 2032
- Make residential and commercial natural gas consumption cleaner by putting in place a minimum requirement of 15% to come from renewable gas
Support for home energy retrofits
- Rebates to make heat pumps more affordable and homes more energy-efficient
- Upgrade B.C.’s stock of public housing so residents, many of whom are low-income families or seniors, can live in a more energy-efficient, healthier, and comfortable home
Support for communities
- Help remote communities reduce dependence on diesel for electricity
- Support public infrastructure efficiency upgrades and fuel-switching to biofuels